2019 Grants & Sponsorships
Through September 2019 the Community Chest of New Britain & Berlin has awarded $160,755 in grants and sponsorships.
Arts for Learning – $15,000 to provide afternoon experiential arts integration programming for the Summer Enrichment Experience program in New Britain.
Boys and Girls Club – $10,000 support the Radio DJ initiative where kids build social self-confidence, technical and creative aptitudes, and communication skills through the creative setting of a formal in-house radio station.
CCARC – $15,000 to support Personal Education and Enrichment through Respite Services (PEERS) Program
Children’s Law Center – $7,500 for an expansion of the Legal Representation and Families in Transition (FIT) Programs.
Farmington High School – $10,730 support the Vance Village Elementary School Tutoring Program.
New Britain High School Academy of Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology – $25,000 to create manufacturing labs for the Academy
New Britain ROOTS – $15,000 for the New Britain Mobile Farmers’ Market to provide residents with low access to healthy food.
Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters – $5,000 for their Community-Based Mentoring Program
Prudence Crandall Center – $20,000 for Community Education and Prevention Services.
Senior Transportation Services – $15,000 to support general operating expenses, which continue to grow in proportion to the demand of services
Mayor’s Work Plan to End Homelessness – $20,000 to hire a Work Plan Coordinator, support the Bus Pass Project and Fresh Start
- $375 to OIC New Britain to support their Annual Gala on May 3, 2019
- $650 to the Little League of New Britain to sponsor a team for the Little League Season – Featured CCNBB name on team jerseys and banner hung all season at field
- $500 to Literacy Volunteers of Central Connecticut in support of “Love of Literacy” their largest fundraiser of the year held on April 3, 2019
- $300 to Disabled American Veterans Hardware City Chapter 8 to support the Wreaths Across America fundraiser in New Britain held on May 22, 2019
- $350 to the Polish American Foundation in support of the Little Poland Festival held on June 2, 2019
- $100 to New Britain High School football as a tee sponsor at their annual golf tournament held on June 9, 2019
- $250 to Advocacy Unlimited to support the Sara K 5K – to honor the life of Sara Elise Krolikowski. Funds raised went towards emerging youth connected to Advocacy Unlimited affected by psychiatry, addiction and trauma held on August 24, 2019