Community Chest of New Britain and Berlin Offers First-Ever Community Sponsorship Awards
Application Deadline is March 1 for Funding to Support Community Events in New Britain and Berlin
New Britain, Conn., February 21, 2017 – The Community Chest of New Britain and Berlin (CCNBB) is for the first-time offering sponsorship funding to support local community events in the two communities.
The application deadline for the Community Chest’s first-ever Community Sponsorship Awards is March 1 for community events taking place In April, May, June and September. A second deadline for events taking place October through March is on September 1. Interested community event organizers should visit the Community Chest’s website at www.ccnbb.org for complete details and application guidelines.
The program is modeled, with slight variation, after a similar program offered for the last several years by the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain. The Community Chest is a supporting organization of the Community Foundation.
The program is designed to offer financial support to nonprofit organizations conducting community special events that are consistent with the Chest’s goal to make New Britain and Berlin better places to live, work and raise a family. Criteria include:
- Preference will be given to community events that celebrate and promote children and families; arts, culture and heritage; education; and civic engagement.
- Events must take place in Berlin or New Britain and be open to the public.
- Events must recognize the support of the Community Chest in the form of publicity, advertising or other visibility.
- Community Sponsorship Award requests should not exceed $750. However, the Community Chest may elect to consider awards larger than $750 at its discretion.
- Community Sponsorship Awards are limited to one award per organization/event per year, and will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Community Chest.
Since 1919, the Community Chest of New Britain and Berlin, a supporting organization of the Community Foundation of Greater New Britain, has played a vital role in meeting local health and human service needs. A local and independent Board of Directors identifies and invests resources twice yearly in programs and initiatives benefitting the New Britain and Berlin communities. For more information, visit www.ccnbb.org.