COMMUNITY SPONSORSHIP AWARDS
Fairs, festivals and similar community celebrations bring people together, build pride and inject life into our town squares and neighborhoods. They are often at the top of the list of things that distinguish our communities and our quality of life.
Recognizing the unique role that such celebrations play in making Berlin and New Britain special, the Community Chest of New Britain and Berlin’s Community Sponsorship Awards Program offers financial support to nonprofit organizations conducting community special events that are consistent with the Chest’s goal to make our communities better places to live, work and raise a family.
• Preference will be given to community events that celebrate and promote children and families; arts, culture and heritage; education; and civic engagement.
• Events must take place in Berlin or New Britain and be open to the public
• Events must recognize the support of the Community Chest in the form of publicity, advertising or other visibility.
• Community Sponsorship Award requests should not exceed $750. However, the Community Chest may elect to consider awards larger than $750 at its discretion
• Community Sponsorship Awards are limited to one award per organization/event per year, and will be awarded at the sole discretion of the Community Chest.
Applying for a Community Sponsorship Award
Awards are made twice per year. Application deadlines are April 1 and October 1.
2018 Community Sponsorships
Berlin High School Band Parents Association $500 for “Jazz with Pizzazz”
CCARC $750 to fund “Something Beautiful”
Community Mental Health Affiliates $500 for their annual “Run for Recovery”
Hoops for the Homeless $750 for their annual game and fundraiser
Human Resource Agency $500 for the HIV/AIDS Survivors Soiree Fundraiser
New Britain High School PTO $500 for the All Night Graduation
New Britain Public Library $500 for their “Literary Libations” event
New Britain Youth Theater $500 for three performances of “The Laramie Project”
Opportunities Industrialization Center of New Britain (OIC) $500 for their annual gala
Polish American Foundation of CT $500 for the Little Poland Festival
Safe Deposit Box $500 for the “Never Lack Pack” program